Friday, January 30, 2009

5ive QUESTIONS

Okay, here's my 15 seconds of celebrity, thanks to Madi with the assist of Eliza. If you want to play, here's what you have to do:

A. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
B. I will respond by e-mailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
C. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
D. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions. If you want me to ask you some questions, ask me in your comment, "interview me". I will send questions to the first two (so you must be someone whose e-mail address I have or is on your blog or you can e-mail it to me.)

1. Who was your first celebrity crush? My first celebrity crush was…John Wayne. I was about eleven and really into Westerns. I remember thinking that that was what a man should be like…BIG, TALL, Wide shoulders, big back and soft spoken…remind you of anyone.

2. What did you dream of becoming when you were a kid? Growing up in Cocoa Beach, Florida…I wanted to be an oceanographer even got a scholarship to a school of oceanography in…NYC, but family crisis happened and I had to stay close to home and became a nurse.

3. If given the chance of a show-biz career, what would you choose and why? It would have to be a writer or someone behind the scenes. I would never want to be in front of a camera or on stage. Tried the drama thing in college and ended up volunteering to do the lighting. Got offered roles in class but turned them down.

4. What is your favorite place in the world? Florence, Italy. I love that city…the pink stone, the narrow cobbled streets,the bridge, the art, the museums, the history, the cathedrals, everything but the gypsies. Close second is Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Mountains, waterfalls, Yellowstone.

5. In your nursing career, what has been the most rewarding department you've worked in? Well trauma gives you immediate gratification, but I’d say Oncology when I worked with A.L.L. patients. The leukemia patients fight. You use the poison of chemo to wipe out their immune system…then during the recovery time something as simple as an ear ache can kill them. It’s up to you to maintain reverse isolation and protect them. So you work eighteen nights in a row to watch over them. Force them to eat and drink. They are so brave. And when they walk out to go home you are exhausted and thrilled for them. Unfortunately you lose too many and have too long of time to become attached to them. That’s why the move to trauma. In and out and they never remember you..

6. When did you discover Vincent? 1989 Blood of Heroes…My husband really likes Reutger Hauer, we saw all of his movies…so I noticed Vincent there first…then again in Mystic Pizza. It’s been a not so secret love affair ever since.



4 comments:

Madi said...

Very nice answers! Getting to know a little more about you :)
Thanks for playing.

val said...

Great questions, great answers. Brought back some stuff.

I know what you mean about people with compromised immune systems. I home-tutored a boy with Leukemia, knowing that if I got a cold I could kill him. Then there was the girl who got Hep B aged 9 from changing a sticking plaster for a babysitter. She had a liver transplant, and had a hard time with the anti-rejection drugs. Then she got diabetes. This beautiful 15-year-old who should have been out dating or becoming a model couldn't even go to school.

Sorry,

Wish I'd found Vincent as long ago as you did. Lucky thing.

Eliza said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer all 6.sorry about the extra one but we couldn't decide which one to cut :-D

You've known about Vincent a lot longer than me too....

BASRIC said...

Eliza I may have known him longer but you have been giving a tribute to him much much long than I. Having discovered the joys of blogging and capping much later.

I could practice for the next three years and not be close to you, Val or Madi.