Sunday, December 21, 2008

IS HE OR ISNT HE?

I GOT THIS ON A GOOGLE ALERT.

Exclusive: Vincent D'Onofrio to do indie movie in Tenn.
By Brad - view all of Brad's posts
December 18th, 2008 - 8:40 pm

C’mon, you know Vincent D’Onofrio. That intense dude in Law & Order: Criminal Intent? That redneck guy whose body was invaded by aliens at the beginning of Men in Black? Uh, Full Metal Jacket?

Turns out Vincent is good buddies with a casting director from Nashville, one Laray Mayfield.

Together, they plan to make an independent movie in Tennessee this summer, Laray tells me.

But she was quite coy about any details, other than to say it’s a father-daughter movie that’ll be shot in Nashville and Memphis.

And the whole thing will be made for $5 million.
Share and Enjoy:

I DIDN'T FIND OUT ABOUT HIS LAST VISIT TO NASHVILLE UNTIL IT WAS TOO LATE. HE'LL NOT BE SNEAKING AND IN THIS TIME WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE. I HAVE PUT MY DAUGHTER ON ALERT. IF I HAVE TO WORK SHE WILL BE TAKING THE DIGITAL CAMERA TO THE SHOOT SITE. HAVEN'T MENTIONED TO THE HUSBAND. MY SISTER WHO HAS CONNECTIONS IN THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY IN NASHVILLE EVEN THOUGH HER PUBLISHER HUBBY IS GONE HAS FOUND OUT FOR ME THAT Mayfield WHO WAS WITH VINCENT ON THE PANEL ON HIS LAST VISIT IS THE CASTING DIRECTOR FOR A MOVIE BEING SHOT THE SUMMER OF 2009 HERE IN NASHVILLE. PERMITS & LICENSES HAVE BEEN FILED & APPLIED FOR BUT WHEN i ASKED HER IF SHE FOUND OUT THE NAME SHE JUST SHRUGGED AND SAID ITS JUST SOME LITTLE INDIE MOVIE. WHEN I TOLD HER RUMOR HAD IT VINCENT WAS GOING TO BE IN IT SHE...GASP SAID WHO? WHEN I REMINDED HER WHO HE WAS SHE SHRUGGED AND SAID AND I QUOTE "WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL? ITS NOT LIKE WHEN ROBERT REDFORD MADE HIS MOVIE HERE." YES, I ALMOST SCREAMED, BUT SINCE SHE IS TAKING ME TO ITALY IN THE SPRING....

ANYWAY, I WILL WATCH THE ENTERTAINMENT SECTION OF THE PAPER FOR ANY TIDBITS FOR THEY USUALLY PRINT WHEN A MOVIE (EVEN AN INDIE) HAS BEEN APPROVED FOR LOCATIONS AND THEN FOLLOWUP FOR EXTRAS CALLS IF THEY USE LOCALS.

OMG I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT MAN IN ACTION...ACTING THAT IS...I'D LOVE THE OTHER TOO BUT YOU CAN'T HAVE EVERYTHING.

I JUST HOPE ITS TRUE. SOUNDS LIKE A JOB FOR SUPER LOZZIE.

AH VINCENT. BORROWED WITH THANKS FROM HIFANHOLLAND at LiveJournal. My sentiments are the same...my talent--not so much.

2 comments:

Laura Cousins said...

Hi there Basric - I got this alert too and laughed at the word "exclusive" because I remember the Reel reporting on this last April!

Vincent is SUCH a dark horse, it's really hard to know what the man is up to work-wise at any given moment. But I will keep my ear to the railway line and tell you if I hear a train coming ...

val said...

We're all still waiting for the western he was going to make. I don't care what he makes, though, AS LONG AS WE ALL GET TO SEE IT ON THE BOG SCREEN!