Tuesday, December 16, 2008

BOBBY GOREN, & 5 DAYS OA HAIKU DAY 1---SMILES

COMPOSING A TRADITIONAL JAPANESE HAIKU POEM

The 300-year old Haiku Poem has its own distinct discipline:-
Each complete poem has only three lines, totaling 17 syllables.

- the first line must be five syllables
- the second line must be seven syllables
- the third line must be five syllables

I think we all should try it only illustrate it with a cap or if so talented with a collage or original art.

The thing about Haiki are you can be serious, romantic, lustful or just plain silly.


BOBBY SMILES

HAPPY SMILE, SUNNY


MYSTERIOUS SMILE, SWEET SMILE


KNOWING, BOBBY SMILES




I DON'T LIKE THIS 5,7,5 EVERYTHING I WRITE COMES OUT 6,8,6, SO I SWEAR WHILE I EDIT.



We have ice and 28 degrees hope you are all warmer.

4 comments:

Music Wench said...

LOL Not good at poetry of any kind and Haiku's are included in that.

Oh and the reason for the 5-7-5 is probably because to the Japanese, odd numbers are good luck, even numbers not. It's that whole asymmetrical thing they've got going on.

This was adorable, though.

fuzzytweetie said...

great idea, know I have to be witty and smart! LOL. I'll work on it while I'm on vacation.......

Anonymous said...

Ya lost me, but thanks for trying - I'll just look at the pretty pictures ;0)

ann said...

you're under arrest
eyes smile game plays extends wrists
snap lock metal clinks