Sunday, August 24, 2008

I'M BACK

Back from the wilds of Wyoming. Spent our days at Yellowstone critter hunting. Thought a I'd share my experience. Of course we drove by Harrison Fords Ranch, cut his ranch house sit =s too far back in the trees to see. And both entrances have warning posted. The locals love him. He donated a fleet of top notch SUVs to the police department and when there he assists with finding lost hikers with his helicopter. However they do not like Calista. They call her the princess.

I love Jackson Hole. Will never make enough in my lifetime to afford to live here. Every street you drive down you are facing a mountain. It is so very beautiful. We went hiking at one of the large lakes and spent time as I said in Yellowstone. Thought I'd share a few pictures with you.

Clouds from the side window of her plane.


Shot of the Tetons from my seat through the cockpit window--the pilot was hot-dogging and came a little too close...My sister was furious and she will probably replace him. That mountain you see through that window has had a lot of crashes as plane bank to land. Crashes where they never found the plane going back to he 1900's. I any of you have flown into Jack Hole you know how scary it is.



Grand Tetons from the air


from the road


Coyote from side of road


Buffalo grazing on side of road


Bear in river


Trumpeter Swan



Pelican


We came upon a group of professional photographers and a park ranger keeping everyone back about fifty yards from this grizzly mama and her twins. We really lucked up here. She completely ignored everyone searching for grubs.




Baby moose


Wolf shot across the Snake River with a telephoto lens.



Don't know what it is, crawled out of a hole in the ground and its cute,


and another one.


An elk buck in the shade about 50 feet from the road.


Tetons across a lake


Buffalo grazing on side of road.


Canadian geese with chicks.


1800's old ferry house, my sister and my daughter.


elk


An eaglet in a nest built on a utility pole.


A doe outside my sister's condo.


Female moose


Calderon


Just a few views







I will not bore you with the rest of them though they're beautiful I think. I will put them into Photo Bucket for anyone who wishes to see the flowers and the scenery or the rest of the critter pixs. Had a wonderful time.

Am on pins and needles worrying about our Bobby tonight.

5 comments:

Music Wench said...

Lovely photos! I am not surprised about how the folks out there love Harrison Ford but hate Calista Flockheart. I sort of feel the same way. LOL

Thanks for sharing those photos. They are definitely lovely.

Glad you're back in time to suffer along with the rest of us tomorrow evening. I've stopped looking for more information as I think I've been given too much already. But it's going to be a wild ride I can tell.

BobbyG said...

Just read your email and headed over here to see the photos. WOW! That was something...thanks for sharing all the pictures. I was in Yellowstone way back when I was a sophomore in high school, so this doddering old brain doesn't recall much about it now.

One of the girls I work with told me all about the perils of flying into and out of Jackson Hole. They almost didn't make it. Glad you had a good time. Glad you're back in time for Bobby's finale Sunday night.

Jane said...

Wonderful photos, I would love to see bears and wolves, that's a Groundhog aww the baby elk was a sweetie-lovely scenery.

val said...

Fantastic pictures.

Aren't moose extraordianry-looking creatures?

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time - welcome back to worrying with the rest of us ;0)