Monday, January 18, 2010

LO:C IFAMILY VALUES BOBBY'S ARIA

DISCLAIMER: ALL BELONGS TO WOLF PRODUCTIONS. NO Monetary GAIN BY ME.

I finally finished Family Values. This is Bobby's aria, I think the best of a lousy season. Bobby manipulating the bad guy.

≡≡is Bobby's dialog...Paul's is noted " "

Dialog precede caps:

Lots of Bobby--Enjoy

LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI

SCENE 32......INSIDE FARMHOUSE


Paul, "I believe by law I'm entitled to a book of scripture."


≡≡Oh yeah?


≡≡And what chapter would you use to comfort you?



Paul, "Uh... several in pain I feel at not being able to take my own
life."


≡≡Stand here.






≡≡That's funny. I don't remember there being a scripture that,


≡≡......endorses suicide.



Paul, "Interpretation comes only through absolute faith."


≡≡Such assurance.


≡≡Even Abraham had moments of doubt.



Paul, "He raised a knife over his son as God commanded.


≡That's when...God saw Abraham's...agony and he stopped him.


≡≡You......you used...a hammer


≡≡...a knife...a gun...a bomb,,,


≡≡nothing stopped you.



Paul, "God's will was clear.


≡≡Clear?


≡≡God was merciful with Abraham's son,


≡≡but showed no mercy in your case.



Paul, "I don't question the voice of God."


≡≡Why is Kathy still alive.


≡≡when all the others were sacrificed?



Paul, "You don't know that she's alive."













≡≡Now I do.



Paul, "It's so obvious what you're doing. I won't hear anymore of
this."


≡≡God commanded Abraham to show his devotion by killing his only son


≡≡who he loved most,


≡≡But the one you loved most is still alive.


≡≡What did God say? "Kill all the others......"


≡≡"spare her"?



Paul, "You won't trick me."


≡≡You're already tricked.


≡≡AND...


≡≡Deceived.





≡≡Kathy's sweetness...


≡≡You know the glow in her eyes...


≡≡Soft young flesh...that warmth you feel when you hold her tight.


≡≡You know, that voice that speaks those words is that the same voice
that told you to spare her life?



Paul, "I won't hear this."


≡≡You know in your heart that......


≡≡that's not God's voice.


≡≡That's the trickster.


≡≡The tempter...the master of all deception.


≡≡You know who I am talkin' about, Paul.


≡≡You know what his name is...



Paul, "What?"


≡≡I'm sayin' you don't serve God, you serve him.


≡≡Say his name......come on say it......Does it terrify you?



Paul, "ENOUGH! I am the shepherd who leads them to the eternal
waters."


≡≡You deliver death.


≡≡You serve the deceiver.



Paul, "NO! I saw her on that stage and he commanded me."


≡≡The deceiver sees your desire.


≡≡He commands you.





Paul, "Don't say such filth."


≡≡Okay. A drama school teacher?


≡≡Did she ever touch your daughter?


≡≡Did she ever want to touch your daughter?



Paul, "She's dead. I ended all of them."


≡≡Why is that?


≡≡Is that because when you saw her on stage you were aroused?


≡≡You felt that vileness inside you.


≡≡You were aroused by your daughter so everyone is aroused.


≡≡You see the tempter sees that in you, he seized on your weakness.


≡≡And you obeyed him.


≡≡Just say his name.


≡≡Say his name, Paul.




≡≡SAY IT!


≡≡SAY HIS NAME!


≡≡COME HERE!


≡≡Whose servant are you?


≡≡If there is a God...



Paul, "There is a God and I acted on his will alone."


≡≡If you are God's servant,



≡≡then how can you kill the people that you love?



Paul, "My faith passed down from generations of those who have
served God, will not be undone by you."


Bobby pauses...takes a deep breath.





≡≡Passed down by them.


≡≡Your Dutch ancestors.


≡≡And this?



Paul, "A stone-rubbing of the gravestone of my great-great-grandfather."


≡≡Yes, stone-rubbing; Cathy made this one.


≡≡She told me about it.



Paul, "What?"


≡≡Yeah......you taught her family history.


≡≡Showed her how to make stone-rubbings of the family graves.


≡≡In fact, she told me about it today.



Paul, "That's impossible. She's told you nothing.


≡≡How could I know?


≡≡When we were with her and her hands were bound behind her...


≡≡she drew in the dirt a coffin and a cross. She meant a cemetery.


≡≡And she took a stone and she pushed it against a boulder.


≡≡She made a mark


≡≡A stone rubbing......See.


≡≡She was calling out to us. See she wants to live.


≡≡God wants her...to live.



Paul, "She wants to be with me."


≡≡She can't be with you!


≡≡She serves God.


≡≡Are you still blind to God's will? Don't you see what's happening?


≡≡Can't you see?


≡≡It's just like with Abraham...


≡≡You see God......stopped Abraham from killing his son...


≡≡That's what's happening right now.


≡≡It's God's hand...stopping you...


≡≡Kathy prayed to God and God answered.


≡≡Don't you want to serve God?



Paul, "Uh, um...yes, I only want to serve God.


≡≡So then tell me where she is, Paul, while there's still time.


≡≡Tell me,Paul. Help God answer Kathy's prayers.





Paul, "Uh...I see at I...I have served evil.


≡≡Break that servitude and put your God before all others.


≡≡tell me where Kathy is.



Paul sobbing, "Morrelltown.




1 comment:

Eliza said...

Thank You for this. I often miss parts of the dialogue, due mostly to a noisy house, so being able to read it later helps things make more sense, if that actually makes sense itself?