Saturday, January 16, 2010

Heigh ho Heigh Ho Its off I GO


So all the guilt was for naught. The doctor requests me because I have battlefield triage experience. We've worked together many times before. I'm a sucker for Dr. Mac, he knows I can't say no to him.

Got this today.

CRISIS STAFFING FOR DISASTER RELIEF EFFORT IN HAITI

DWB is now pre-staffing for an earthquake disaster relief effort on the island of Haiti. Any active licensed Registered Nurses from Trauma Units Team Two and Team One are needed for alternative, low acuity medical sites. Possible deployment order could happen at any time.

Details of this assignment include:

· Crisis pay rates of $60/hour straight time, $90/hour overtime

· 18-hour shifts, minimum 2-week commitment

· All RNs must have a valid United States passport for this assignment

· Any state licensure will be accepted

· Must have current CPR or BLS

· Availability must be immediate, travel required within 24-hours notice

· Base camp environment: expect tent living with MRE meals provided

Military guard one: one provided

· Department of Health & Human Services to provide military transport out of San Antonio



Barbra, Dr. Mac requested you with his first responders. As you know it is not required so I leave that up to you. Have already spoken with Paul at Vandy and secured your leave if you choose to accept.
Can have you on a flight to San Antonio Tuesday morning. Deployment is still unknown. Understand if you choose to wait and see if they need the 2nd or your regular team, but had to ask since he asked specifically for you.

Call me at home.



Hey, look at it this way its a great way to loose those five pounds I gained over the holidays. I will take my laptop and my sister has offered me her AT&T satellite chip,or plug-in or whatever it is. Just have to find ways to charge my battery. That's where staying on the good side of my military guard will come in. Leaving for Texas on Tuesday. Everyone take care. I will try to keep in touch when I can. If I survive this experience I may end up divorced. Husband is NOT HAPPY.

Anyway I still have the weekend.

7 comments:

Frances said...

A unique opportunity, take care.

Anonymous said...

from where i am the most i can do is send money - if i thought i would be of any use i would be there, so you go tell your dear husband from me that he should be darn proud of you, because i am

good luck

val said...

You are a true star.

Maybe you can find a solar charger for your laptop? As for the thing that gives you mobile internet, over here we call it a dongle!

Take care.

JoJo said...

People like you are badly needed and if you feel it's something you can do and need to do, then do it. I hope your hubby understands. You are amazing! I'm very proud of you!

Have a safe trip and be careful. Your experiences would make great blog material. Take photos if you can.

BobbyG said...

I admire your courage and dedication. Be safe.

fuzzytweetie said...

I admire you and am proud to "know" you. Be careful, friend.

Eliza said...

You have my unlimited admiration..take care!