Wednesday, January 20, 2010

DAY ONE


It's hot 94 degrees and humid.

I have my very own marine, Nick. He never leaves my side. He locks my stuff in his footlocker and I let him use my computer to write home. He gets the battery charged.

I share a tent with two other P.A.s(physicians assistant) and their guards.

I shall not express the horrors here. You don't eon't details.

The President of the country let us in with the US FORCE. People cheered the Americans. The Doctors Without Borders (DWB) had a clinic here that was destroyed. Tents are up and we are reorganizing,

Israel has a good handle on things, but They are all trained in guerrilla warfare. Us weaklings need marine protection.

Bugs so many damn bugs. Ever seen a horsefly--double that and they bite. Another one will lay eggs under your skin. So its long sleeves under scrubs.

We can't go down to the ocean and swim to cool off because the waters are filled with parasites.

I look around. I believe in God, I do. I just think he created man and ran off to some other universe planning to come back in 5000 or so years to check on what we have done.

They say conditions here were abysmal on TV. Guess what? It was before the quake.

Going to try an lay on my cot under my netting to sleep three hours.

I am well, just tired. Take care of yourselves.

I miss my 32 degree weather.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))

fuzzytweetie said...

God bless ALL of you.

val said...

I don't believe in a GOOD god.

I believe you are a great person and if there is a heaven-like place to go your slot is booked.