Wednesday, September 30, 2009


Just a note to let everyone know I will be out of touch until Oct. 13th. Mom-in-law had a stroke and we are leaving for Virginia Thursday. 13 hours so we will have two hotel stops with wireless but once there the don't live in the 21st century so No INTERNET.

Been a bad autumn for my family. Hopefully Mom won't have a crisis. Will catch up when I get back.

Still hurting over this Vincent thing. I know change happens, shows change, cast change and I finally think I know why this is worse for me. I loved the man in his movies for years before he took a TV show. Then I had him every week for nearly 8 years. Now nothing. Its like he was simmering on the back burner, the pulled the the front to a full boil and now someone took the pot and dumped it in the sink.

God I miss him already. Can I even bear to watch his last episode? I don't want closure I want BOBBY.

8 comments:

Music Wench said...

Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. I hope everything will turn out all right. Will send thoughts and prayers your way.

I feel your pain over Goren. But I also hope that Vincent will either find more movies to work on or even another innovative series to work on that will be more concerned about quality than the bottom line.

JoJo said...

So sorry to hear about your MIL and your craptastic autumn. Hang in there and have a safe trip. :)

Anonymous said...

Good thoughts to your family Basric.

I know Vincent will make movies, but they all take T I M E to be released. People seem to forget he made 'The Narrows' and 'Staten Island' more than 2 YEARS before they were released, and even then they didn't 'release' them very far. We might not see or hear of Vincent for months or even YEARS, especially if he decides he's directing more. I appreciate we've been very 'spoiled' having him around on TV for the last 8 years, but I miss him already.

val said...

You really have had a tough time lately, I hope things soon look up.

Just when you need Bobby to be there for you, the shits take him away. Bastards.

mauigirl said...

Oh honey, sorry to hear this news. I'm sending good thoughts your way, too.

judith said...

Sending you and the family love and best wishes.x fingers crossed we get some 'bobby' in CI. now and then and he's not gone for ever.x

jcsavestheday said...

Aww. I am so sorry to hear that your family is having a tough time. I hope that all will be better soon. Thank you so much for all of the information that you've posted about Vincent and USA.

jcsavestheday


http://savebobby.blobspot.com

Kimberly said...

Sorry to hear about your mom in law. I hope things turn out okay.

You put down exactly how I feel about the whole Goren thing. I too have follwed him for years. He is what broguht me to LOCI...the burner anology was perfect.

**sitting on the edge of the sink, watching my favorite show swirl down the drain**