Saturday, October 31, 2009

LOCI DIRTY DISH


Okay so I hesitate posting this I do not wish to start a fire storm, but Havers asked me so I am going to tell you what was told to me. Don't kill the messenger.

A little background. There were power changes at NBC a few years ago. These powers wanted NBC to reflect THEIR views so like a lot of people who move into a power position they want things their way. First they wanted all long running shows gone-This meant basically ER and all of the Law and Orders. Right off they set out to cancel the mothership and CI. But here comes DICK WOLF and his contract which states they HAVE to keep the shows for X amount of years or pay him multi-millions. Needles to say the POB (Powers that be) were pissed. There was also a clause the shows had to maintain a certain rating. Which all did. So the POB did what we all know--changed the cast of the mothership and moved CI to USA but USA embraced them and it became the number one drama in their cable category.

NBC wanted them canceled last year but USA fought to keep them. They couldn't give them raises so they gave at least Vincent a percent of the show. Noth got pissed at the offer and left. NBC POB arranged to have Goldblum come in. Bobby & Alex were given writers who half of them, this was their first show. The Nichols side had seasoned writers. Even with some of the crappy writing Vincent & Kate's shows still were in the top.

NBC POB pushed offering things they knew the actors would not accept. Eric went on and took a role on Broadway. He was done. Vincent being the gallant man he is bowed out agreeing to do cameo appearances--maybe. Kate it is my understanding thought they were doing like usual hold them up to the last minute and then settling. She was devastated when she finally realized they meant to fire them all but made it look like it was the actors making unreasonable demands or in Vince's case wanting to do other things.

Vincent would have done another season--but again this thing with WOLF so they wanted him gone.

(Note here they have started the same thing with the cast of SVU almost forcing the actors there out over raises. If they have to keep Wolf's shows they are going to have their choice of actors. Wolf protected himself and the show but not his actors.)

They did not want the chance that if the show fails with Goldblum and that Bobby & Alex would be brought back to save them so it was decided one of the characters had to die.

She doesn't know which, but last she heard they were leaning toward Alex with Bobby & Ross quitting because of guilty feeling from why she's murdered.

This is not in stone, she said they are still writing and she hasn't heard. Kate is crushed. Vincent is sick of them and well we know how he loves to die in his movies. SO....

I asked her why she did not tell me this to begin with and she said this crap happened before the last season and USA had the balls to stand up an fight back keeping them.

She thought they would this year too, but NBC suddenly came up with money for new shows they'd previously rejected.

Its done either way. All I know is I cap and script the episodes and I have 6 1/2 seasons left to do so I will have Bobby for a while...not new ones but I can immerse myself in the old.

Oh by the way all the e-mails and postcards served to royally piss off the POB. They look at each e-mail each card represents about 10,000 viewers. That should have brought our guys back--instead they decided to kill one off.

I watch Trauma on NBC but they've already canceled it so now they have nothing I want to see.

If she hears who and how she will let us know. Any questions specifically--I will call and ask?

Goody-bye Criminal Intent--I love you. Gone due to the politics of the NBC POB-bastards all.

♥♥♥

25 comments:

judith said...

Do these people really know what they are doing? To cacel a popular show makes no sense to me but what do I know I'm just a viewer!!x

Dawn said...

they filmed the funeral yesterday, so it's done. sadly i saw who it was (or who it wasnt obviously) so im pretty mad that I spoiled myself. :/

Anonymous said...

I know nothing of course, but it felt like the network loved C.I. for Season 7. With Season 8, they seemed to be doing their damndest to sabotage it, showing G/E episodes in an order that deliberately made no sense. That the show kept good ratings, was thanks to the loyalty of Vincent,Kate, who were presented with awful scripts to interpret, and the people who watch the show & must have REALLY bummed out TPTB. Clearly, there's now a 'Plan B', which involves getting rid of the bricks and mortar that made the show in the first place, and leaving poor Jeff Goldblum trying to carry the bones of a once-great show. It wouldn't matter if JG gave the greatest performance ever in the history of TV, he is NOT Vincent, and it will NOT be 'Criminal Intent' once Vincent and Kate have departed. If they've crapped on Kate in such a manner, they're even lower than I already thought they were; which I didn't think was possible! So, cancellation looms, I hope the Network is incredibly proud of itself - stupid bastards!

val said...

Maybe if they all dropped dead?

Hey, a girl can dream.

guiding light81 said...

Actually since I heard Vincent's comment on his gig and that Kate is really pissed off about the whole situation,I don't care who actually made the huge mistake to fire them and even kill one of them!
Heads will roll.Maybe not because of our campaign or our protest itself,but because the ratings will sink and sink and sink below zero after the final epi with them has been shown!
Everytime I read about DW or someone else of NBC/USA,this new song from Mariah Carey comes to my mind:Standing O.
It says there:
And your words they had no meaning.
How didn't I forsee this?
Happiness and congrats.
Know that
I pretend I mean it
So cheers, toast, bravo to you.
Cuz you're the man of the hour.
I'ma have to send you some flowers
Ohhhhhh
Cheers, toast, bravo to you.
The man of the hour.
You played the one that loved you the most
so here's your standing O
Round of applause to the
biggest fool in the world
give 'em all that you got
and they still ride out into the sunset with the next girl.(please replayce "Girl" by "actor"

BASRIC said...

this IS ALL ABOUT POLITICS AND POWER. The whole point is they want the show to be canceled. They can't because of Wolf's contract-iron clad. So they are doing what they can to destroy them.

This has been going on since began, new
management comes in and cancels top shows because they have a personal agenda. what you need to understand is the fans do not matter. As long as they find advertisers for what they put on they make money. Its all that matter. MONEY.

Look at LENO, their idea. As long as he makes 1.3 million viewers he makes them money, but they set L&O and ER to make 16.4 or be canceled.

A chimp could run things better than they do.

BASRIC said...

And dawn would you share please.

havers said...

Yes I wrote you, but I hoped you had better news for all of us. Damn, that whole drama can't be true.

How could they treat the actors like shit. They made money BECAUSE of them for over eight years.

I'm so sad how they let such a succesful show die.

Anonymous said...

Yes, dawn...please share with me untapdtreasure81@yahoo.com

Music Wench said...

Thanks for sharing the news, Basric. It's just a shame NBC is run by a bunch of morons. No wonder their shows suck.

Yes, Dawn, please let me know who it was as well because I don't want to watch the premiere now and probably won't but I do want to know who it is. My email is ffrmusicwench@yahoo.com.

Thanks.

Outerbankschick said...

This is what happens when you let a big company like GE take over a TV network! Everyone has an agenda and it's all about money.

Why in the heck didn't Wolf axe NBC himself and cut a deal with a different network???

I am SO DONE with NBC!! And I say we deluge these idiots even more with our emails! Hack them off, drive them crazy, and let them know that they might as well go off the air because they are already dead anyway. Idiots!

Outerbankschick said...

I would like to know who it was, too. However, I would also like to say that if we hammer those idiots, we could change the outcome. They can re-shoot it!

Those jerks at the network are going to keep on hearing from me, that's for sure.

TJara said...

Somebody please pinch me. I honestly can't trust my eyes no more... that whole thing is fishy from start to end. And beyond.

Labs_n_SD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wilmingtonfan said...

Dawn -- I know everyone wants to know and so do I -- please e-mail me nancy@hoopladay.com

I can't stand not knowing -- I'm the one who reads the first chapter and then the last chapter of the book so I know what will happen -- I'm not good on suspense and will probably keel over before March. Thanks! XOXOXO

BASRIC -- thanks for posting this. It makes a little more sense -- they got the OK for other shows, but to dictate the actors you can have on a show from a FAILED network -- that's too much IMO. Also, instead of bringing them back -- to let those viewers go is just more stupidity piled on more stupidity. Finally, I knew the writing was poor last season for the G/E shows and it is interesting to find out this was the first show some of them were writing -- they're going down in flames now!

Quietfire said...

What is the matter with USA network? They are totally untrustworthy. They've taken a great show and destroyed it AND NOW they're destroying the characters. Did Dick Wolf actually sanction this? I am SO fed up. It just gets worse and worse.

MabelT said...

I have no words to say how angry I am. Not even in spanish. Except for this: JAMÁS PERDONARÉ A ESOS MALDITOS BASTARDOS DE NBCU. (I'll never forgive those damned bastards from NBCU)

@BASRIC You're right. A chimp would do the things better. (And I'm sure Eames agreed too)

All this is so terribly wrong!

I REALLY REALLY HATE THOSE POB
(Cómo los odio, maldita sea)

Anonymous said...

I too would like to know who it is that they had the funeral for. and feel that this is a gross injustice to both the show and the actors.

Please let me know at Advanteege@yahoo.com

Jane said...

Come on Dawn, you can't drop a bomb like that and walk away! Who is it?

I think NBC will eventually (sooner rather than later) turn into the 'reality show, Jay Leno show' network. And USA will be destroyed as well. Burn Notice, Royal Pains, White Collar...They all have the same feel. It works for now, but in the long run...

BASRIC said...

Dick Wolf's contract protected the shows not the characters.

ann said...

i said i hoped i was wrong on the cat's blog a little while ago, but i'll just copy and paste it:

scenario one - eames gets killed and goren and ross blame themselves or each other and they quit

dawn, you must put us all out of our misery pleeeeeeeeeeeease!!!

Kimerli Oliver said...

Dawn, if you're reading this, I am hyperbookworm@yahoo.com. Please tell me who dies. If I am to mourn, let me start now.

DonnaJo said...

Dawn, please let us know who the funeral was for? We can take it. If you feel funny about it and are emailing people, please include me at donnaljo612@aol.com.

Thanks.

Jane said...

@&$%** NBC>:(

Labs_n_SD said...

I'm guessing no one has heard from Dawn. If anyone does, please post to the rest of us ... or if anyone knows how to contact her ... track her down :-)