Thursday, October 29, 2009

ARIA for Foile a Deux

THE ARIA OF FOILE a DEUX (The entire episode is now up on my LiveJournal
if interested the link is on the side of the page CI_DIALOG_CAP.

══ALEX, ≡≡BOBBY, " "others

Dialog precedes cap







Andre,"Is there news?"





══We found Emma.



Andre, "WHAT!?"


══I'm sorry.


≡≡"Asleep no pain shall wake. . ."



Andre, "Our child is dead and you're quoting my work?"


≡≡Well it's in your book but its not your work, in fact its Christina
Rossetti'S.



Calista, "How dare you speak to him like that. You don't know how we've
suffered. Our child is gone."


≡≡I know she is. . . . . .last summer.


≡≡When things went wrong isn't that right, Mrs. Haslum?


══Whenever there's a question about Emma you look to him and you always have
an answer.


≡≡Your life with Andre---the poems that he wrote for you and love that you shared...


≡≡Did that end when you had Emma?


Calista,"You...my daughter meant everything to me. You can't fault me for
that.


≡≡I...I'm not faulting you, oomph...you gave her so much.


≡≡Was there anything left for him?



Andre, "STOP THIS! He knows nothing about us.


≡≡Well see that fury there


≡≡That...that's what happens when you start to feel ignored.


≡≡Is that what drives you


≡≡After other women?


≡≡You know the poems that he wrote weren't for you?








≡≡Is that how it all went wrong that summer?


≡≡I need you to tell me about Emma's last day.


≡≡Did you go looking in the wrong motel?


≡≡Maybe if you knew


≡≡Who he was with...how could you. So many women available to him and not just
students.


≡≡Let me read you something.


≡≡"What music have I sipped from your......siren eyes."


≡≡Andre, your husband, inscribed this book. He gave it to Celia.


≡≡to Celia) Were you with him that day?



Celia, "I'm so sorry."




≡≡It was afternoon......midsummer


≡≡It was a terribly hot day.



≡≡Right?


Calista, "Yeah, I burned my feet on the pavement. I left my shoes at the
house. I was so anxious to find him I went everywhere, knocked on all the
doors at all the motels.

══You left Emma in the car?



Calista, "Yeah, but I left the air conditioning on."


≡≡You checked it like you checked the thermostat in the hotel room.


Calista, "Yeah, I never would have left her in the car without the air
conditioning. How could I know that the engine was gonna die?"


Andre, "Calista, shut your mouth."


Calista, "Her skin was so hot to touch it was white she didn't move......
I took her home and put her in her room......pulled down the shades so it
was cool and dark and when Andre came home he......looked at her said I
did the right thing......he said everything would be okay if we didn't tell
anyone......he said Emma was alive and all I had to do......was believe him."






Calista, "But Emma is dead. I killed her."




















I left off the final scene here in the morgue with Bobby Liz and and baby's body.

4 comments:

BASRIC said...

I love the fourth cap from the bottom. Its hard to see but Bobby is flipping his handcuffs in the air in front of Andre's face.

judith said...

All very nice indeed.x Thanks for doing and sharing.x

Anonymous said...

Creepy episode...

val said...

Folie a Deux is really one of the most bizarre episodes.

I'm like you, Basric, I love it when he flips the handcuffs. He does it in Smothered too, I recall.