Tuesday, May 5, 2009

VINCENT MISSED BLOGS AND ME



Well, I've worked and worked getting ready for my Italy trip so I've been behind on my blog watching (have not been lurking). Made some time to doodle a few drabbles (don't consider them fan fic since they're so short and no case file, for LIVE JOURNAL. If you are interested there's a link over there on the left.

In other news, when Vincent came to the Film Festival here, it was held at the Green Hills Theater (The ritzy/artsy part of Nashville, new money rich but not to be confused with Belle Meade--the OLD MONEY SECTION of Nashville) just a mile from Vanderbilt Medical Center, where I was working...oh, the agony...every single night.

So, I hit all the media sources. TV...WKRN NBC's network had footage which is all over the web. Every other station were too caught up in the excitement that was William Shatner. PLEEZZZ give me a frigging break. Him all over the news and entertainment sections.

Hit up my pal at the Nashville Tennessean Newspaper and found just one head shot of Vincent. You'll find it at the bottom. Even the Green Hills theatrical paper only mentioned him in print and from what I hear Shatner just sailed in like some arrogant king while Vincent worked the Red Carpet and crowd.


As for the new season, yes I've downloaded the first two episodes but haven't started working on the caps and scripts (Italy pending). But there is too much of guest stars and not enough Vincent or Kate to suit me.

Missed you all. Two days off then four more twelve hour night shifts then Italy. At least my sister has a satellite system computer so I can check out your blogs from there and maybe send you a snapshot or two.

5 comments:

val said...

Couldn't you have got there to see him?

Let's put that another way - how could you not go!

BobbyG said...

Have a great trip! Want to hear all about it when you get back. Be safe.

And, yes...William Shatner is so overrated. Would much prefer to witness firsthand the wonderfulness that is VDO.

Jane said...

Safe trip!

Sorry you couldn't see Vincent when he was in Nashville...But, heck; you were kind of busy saving lives. (I think he'd understand)

Anonymous said...

Let's face it, the press have always tended to ignore Vincent - which suits him fine, but us less so if that means we get no new pictures ;0)

Have a wonderful Italian trip!

fuzzytweetie said...

Kudos to Mr. D for being the great gentleman that he is. He worked the Red Carpet and the crowd, forget the Hollywood shit.

Have a wonderful trip and just image that it's the country that produced Mr. D's lineage.