Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Silence is Golden

My journal has been silent for a while had to make a quick trip with my sister to Florence. God...I love that city. Below are a few pictures of the 245 I took. Don'[t want to bore you. If it weren't for the gypsies the city would be perfect.

NEPTUNE'S PLAZA
THE FOUNTAIN

TO THE LEFT

STILL IN THE PLAZA--DIRECTLY ACROSS FROM NEPTUNE IS THE CHURCH MICHELANGELO AND DA VINCI ARE ENTOMBED.



AND IN THE OUTER COURTYARD--I FOUND FLORENCE NIGHTINGALE'S TOMB.

ALSO TO THE LEFT OF THE FOUNTAIN A MUSEUM AND THE CORRIDOR THAT LEADS TO THE RIVER.


WITH ITS FAMOUS BRIDGE WITH SHOPS SELLING GOLD & SILVER & JEWELS ON THE BRIDGE ITSELF.
height="400" border='0'/>

THERE IS SO MUCH MORE I'LL PUT IT IN PHOTO BUCKET AND MAKE SOME SLIDES--LATER. AM ANXIOUS TO CATCH UP ON ALL OF YOUR JOURNALS.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Florence too, and one day, I'd like to go back to it.

val said...

I haven't been there, but it lives in my heart as a treasure.

I know there is a lot of anti-gypsy racism in Italy which has morphed into anti-Romanian racism.

One amusing thing I was in the paper the other day is that Polish workers in their home country are trying to get limits put on cheap labour from other eastern European countries. Just what British workers wanted to do about Polish workers recently!

Eliza said...

I haven't been there either..but I will happily enjoy the sights through your pictures..thank you for sharing with us :-)