Sunday, March 8, 2009

FRUSTRATION

So this is Variety's little post about LO:CI.

"Half of "Criminal Intent's" 16-episode season will star Jeff Goldblum, who is being introduced into the series lead role. Incumbent Vincent D'Onofrio will return for the other eight episodes."

Goldblum is introduced as the fricking LEAD ROLE. Vincent is mentioned as an after thought. I'm sorry, but they can take their "Oscar nominated actor and stick him up their USA executives collective asses.

I was Prepared to accept Goldblum as the second detective. But I'm sorry...Vincent & KATE ARE the STARS of LO:CI.

I am enraged. Goldblum has yet to prove himself...Vincent is...IS THE STAR--his episodes made USA Cable DRAMA NUMBERS.

Breath...breath...I just needed to vent.



ARGH.

5 comments:

val said...

I second your anger. And third it. These people are so ignorant. No Vincent, no show.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sorry that was me, I really can't type today!

Like I said at thereel about this piece of shit, Goldblum is the 'lead' and I'm Mrs Vincent D'Onofrio...which sadly I'm not and neither is Jeff Goldblum the 'lead' of anything, especially on C.I.! I've seen some people excusing this insult '..because USA need to build up Goldblum's following...' but I don't see that this should be by 'ignoring' Vincent (and Kate's) hard work and dedication of the last 8/9 years *snarls*

Eliza said...

Please feel free to vent..I'll join you!

I hadn't seen this, but just reading it here makes me feel angry and disappointed all at the same time. I used to quite like JG but I'm going off him rapidly, and it's not even his fault. They've made more fuss about him than they ever did about Chris Noth joining the show..and they seem to have conveniently forgotten the last 7 seasons..aaarrrgghhh!!!!!

PurpleVixen7 said...

Don't get me started..I will get so frustaded I want to cry!!I don't get them..what are they doing,for fu**k sake???&%@*&!*!!