Thursday, December 10, 2009

First thanks for all your condolences. They are much appreciated.

To business.

SOI bury myself in Bobby. I am busy capping and writing the dialog for 'Family Values' one of the few decent episodes from last season. Though I am not crazy about Bobby's hair cut.

There is a lot more of the guest stars and less of our detectives. Ross tells Bobby to notify the FBI and get a profile when he's got his own profiler in Bobby??? And Bobby has proven himself to Ross by now.

But the kicker is this upwards shot of a crane--see the camera glare. I knew they gave them newbies for writers but green camera crews too? Even as an amateur photographer, I know to use filters on shots like these. SIGH. A couple of years ago this would have never made it through editing. I think Vincent saw the handwriting on the wall when Goldblum was brought on board and just accepted it. Once his fingerprints were on everything. ALL FIRST CLASS shows. Last season I think he showed up and did his job and went on to line up his projects for 2010.



I still hope someone out there with gypsy blood puts the falling off genitals curse on TPTB at USA and NBC. Maybe if the merger goes through Comcast will come in and straighten out NBC by first cleaning house.

Anyway instead of the construction site I thought I would give you the MCS with Ross.
New change Dialog: ══Alex, ≡≡Bobby, ──Ross
" " all others


Dialog Precedes Caps.

LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI

SCENE 17.....MCS


──Three killings in two days.


══The tabloids have already labeled him a serial killer.


──There may be no reason to argue that. Make sure everything gets to the FBI for
possible profiling.


≡≡Well, we'll send it but, there's a muck...


══Paul and Mary Devildis...the sister and brother-in-law who came to identify Millie Stedman, their daughter was in the play. They put Millie and Joe on the list to receive a flyer.


≡≡It's probably just a family connection but we'll take a closer look at them.


──Anything from cross checks on the victims phone records?


══Still underway. The names of anyone who called both victims will go in VICAP.


≡≡I don't expect much from VICAP. There were no hits in latent prints from either crime scene.


≡≡I...I...I'm pretty sure certain that we're dealin' with a first time offender.






──All right then, our only linkage. How many of these went out?


══There were one hundred and sixteen names on the list, but people could have handed them out to anyone.


──No robbery, no sexual component. People have been killed over school beauty pageants, soccer...


──little league.


──Maybe it originates from the drama class.



7 comments:

JoJo said...

The dialog that you write for the caps, is that your own or from the episode?

That camera glare is surprising for a well established TV show. Was the quality control person asleep???

Anonymous said...

Having now seen ALL of Season 8 (although I didn't make it all the way to the end of some of the 'New Fella's' episodes) I quickly decided what little writing power they had was all given to Goldblum, leaving Vincent to wade through the dregs. It's almost like they realised Vincent was going to leave so they figured they needn't bother too much about the quality of his episodes.... makes me feel very AGGRIEVED for Vincent after all the hard work he - and Kate put into the show over the years.

BASRIC said...

The dialog is scripted from the show. The entire season 7 and half of 8 is posted in its entirety at the Live Journal listed on the side at ci_dialog_caps.

As for the glared cap--my point exactly.

judith said...

It must take you ages doing this, I would'nt have the patience. Well done,I take my hat off to you.x

TJara said...

From what file to you make these? (I'm asking because of the proportion of the caps). Do you crop them?

BASRIC said...

I cap and script from my own file downloaded from my Amazon downloaded copy.

BASRIC said...

sORRY i ENTERED TOO SOON. I crop to avoid the silver Amazon watermark on the top right corner unless it happens to fall in the center of Bobby's head.