Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Identity Crisis Aria's X2

This one took the longest time to finish capping and scripting. YOU MAY FIND THE ENTIRE EPISODE OVER ON MY LIVE JOURNAL--SEE LINK TO THE SIDE-CI_SCRIPT_CAPS...BUT I INCLUDED ALEX'S ARIA FOR Music Wench( Alex rarely gets one) if she's still reading my blog and Bobby's for everyone else. I think the best lines in the episode are the first ones in Bobby's. About sending in the big gun. Hope you enjoy.
PLEASE SEE PART ONE FOR DISCLAIMER.

DIALOG PRECEDES CAPS.

LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI

SCENE 30.....MCS--CONFERENCE ROOM


Julie, "He never told me anything remotely incriminating."


"I believe that..."


"...he's clever. He's had practice, but when you're first with a guy,"


"...there's usually something he says or does,"


"...that raises a flag. I...I'm just asking if there was anything that made you ask yourself,"


"...'Is he okay?' Maybe something little that didn't seem to matter."


Julie, "The day after he took the place, I saw him in the skiff. He wasn't rowing, just sitting. He, um...dropped something into the water and sat just watching where he dropped it......I don't know what it was."

"Do you know where this was?"



Julie nods.




LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI LOCI

SCENE 30.....MCS--INTERROGATION ROOM




]



Burris, "Hey, hey, hey..."





Burris, "So you're it. Rolled out the big gun."


"Yeah."



Burris, "What is all this?"


"Well, this is your life."


"This was a present?"



Burris, "Christmas. You didn't find the card?"


"But you didn't wanna know the guy."


"So why give him a present?"



Burris, "Listen, I had it good he didn't"


"Is that because he punished himself for what he did to you or. . ."



Burris, "Listen, he was six, okay. I blame people like you, not him."


Bobby nods.


"Says here 'I couldn't see it happening again see her burning him,' that... that's you."



Burris, "I paid that debt."


"Well, then it was reform schools, foster families rejecting you. Who wants a matricidal delinquent? Right?"



Burris, "Yeah, you hear me complaining?"


"No."


"But you found a solution in your mother's illness."



Burris, "My...mother.......was, uh...she was schizophrenic. There's no solution in that."


"Oh, well, de...delusions of grandeur and a florid state in which you were a noble...Count of Havolvitz."







Bobby speaks to him in German? and Burris responds.
(IF SOMEONE WATCHES WHO SPEAKS THIS LANGUAGE I'D APPRECIATE A NOTE WITH THE WORDS, THANKS)

bobby nods.



Burris, "What now, you're my shrink? LAUGHS. You know what I'm going to do? I'm going to use this session. I'll credit you when I bet my rap on an insanity plea.








"I want to just show you."



The TV plays the original interview of Burris confessing as a child


"And these pictures of you have,"


"... as an young noble with your mother."




"And that's your brother there, guess he wasn't part of it."


Burris, "Part of what?"


"The delusion you and your mother shared,"


"Which was more painful?"


"Her death or his betrayal."



"Uh...uh...I...I don't...I don't distinguish between...between them.





"You remember killing her, right?"


BOBBY RESTARTS THE TELEVISION AND PLAYS ANOTHER CLIP.


"Excellent attention to detail."


"Now you were barefoot?"





"Don't remember."


"No, it just you said that you feet were cold so you must've been barefoot."



"It's history, I mean, so who...who cares."


"Picture here, the heater now its plugged in above her so you would have to walk through the water to reach the heater."



"What...what's this about? What...I...I...I admitted to killing her, right. I did."


"If you walked across the water and touched the heater. . ."


"You'd be dead or gotten severely shocked."


"I don't think that you touched the heater.


"I think that that's your brother's lie."


"I think that you thought about it, watching your mother in the bath for hours everyday just,"


"...throw the heater in the tub but you didn't do it."



Burris, "No."










Burris, "She flew into a rage, becsuse she wanted to put Anthony into the shower to wipe away the places that she burned waving her arms hit the cord."


"And then you paid for it."


"And when he came back you were gonna pay for it again."



"No, no...An..Anthony was...was a part of something I no longer wanted to be, okay. That's why I avoided him."


"So you don't think he got back into your life to destroy what you'd become?"



Burris, "Listen, your little psycho chatter/babble isn't working, okay?"



Burris, "Anthony was a failure. He was tyranny of the weak. And I didn't kill him."




Bobby nods.






"Well,"





"So that's what he's become--tyranny of the weak? Isn't he all you had......in the world?"


"When the two of you were little boys,"


"...comforting each other from that nightmare of a mother.


"Photos, I think you're teaching him how to swim. He trusts you."


"Did he still trust you like that?"


"You know it wouldn't be fair,"


"If I didn't show you this."



Burris, "His autopsy report?"


"You should read it."


"He only had a few months,"


"I don't think that Anthony came back to destroy your life."


"I think he came back for atonement."


"What he done to you. If you look at the photo,"


"He's reaching out for you, he trusts you, loved you. I...I...I think that's why he came back. To ask for forgiveness."









Burris, "He loved me."


"And did you feel that before you..."



Burris, "Yes."













END

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you do this - I wouldn't have the patience! Bravo.

val said...

I can't remember the German in this, but I can rarely understand Bobby's German - I don't think it's actually very accurate, but Jazzy would know.